The Oakland community celebrated the Eleventh Annual Oakland Indie Awards last week. The awards ceremony, mixer, and celebration, held at the Oakland Museum of California were hosted by the Beneficial State Foundation and were a testament to the energy, community, and positive impact of our local entrepreneurs and independent small business owners.
The ICA Fund Good Jobs team joined friends, supporters, and hundreds from the local small business community at the awards.
And we were even more excited to see six ICA Fund Good Jobs past and present companies on stage as Indie Award winners!
The ICA Fund Good Jobs companies in the winners circle:
- Mamacitas Cafe receiving the Youth Empowerment award
- Pollinate Farm and Garden on receiving the Greenie award
- Town Biz for winning the Ripple Effect award
- CORE Kitchen in the Innovative Newcomer category
- Homeroom Mac+Cheese, in the High Road Employer category.
- Piikup in getting the Social Changemaker Award.
And of course a big, heartfelt congratulations to all of the inspiring nominees and winners of the 2017 Oakland Indie Awards.
PS: Mamacitas Cafe has a Kickstarter to help fund their new location! Support them now: